Jul 7, 2007

Funny Cultural Stuff

There were a few funny things that we ran across while in Korea. One was the juice we received with breakfast one morning. I couldn't read any thing on the bottle, but I got a clue when I saw the little logo at the bottom left...


Note the Corn.


Have you ever had corn juice? I hadn't before this trip, but I figured I had to give it a try. It was much more watery than I expected. It basically tasted like drinking water flavored with corn chips... or maybe corn flakes. One drink was enough for me. :-)

Here was another funny thing we came across. Koreans are VERY serious about recycling. We had to separate everything every-time we would throw out our trash. McDonalds had about 6 different places to put the various parts of the meal. The problem was, it was all in Korean, so we usually just had to guess what went where. When we got to the train station, we saw this set of cans. We were a bit puzzled.


I still have no idea what they mean by "pet" that would go with cans and bottles. We checked for any discarded hamsters, kittens or puppies, but didn't find any.


No comments: