Oct 12, 2009

We have survived

This may be a bit premature since Chris isn't actually home yet, but with 18 hours, I think I can say it...

This weekend was very busy with me getting to go to two football games (including UT's 38-14 win over CU, thanks Holly!), girls spending Friday night and eating pancakes Saturday morning, church Sunday, etc. But today was day off for parent-teacher conferences, and it was so fun. Through lack of communication, I didn't get scheduled for one, but that meant the day could be on our terms and no babysitter!

Tonight when I asked the kids what their favorite part of the day was, they both said spending it with me. Zach called it our "Mommy-Daughter-Zach date." I love that. Because our camera is spending time in Houston (due to our habitual forgetfulness) I have no pics to post of our cookie-making escapade, but it was fun and flour-y.

One other thing, last night we were talking about my upcoming birthday. Isabella said I was going to be old. I told her I was not. Then she said, "Yes, you are. Pretty soon you are going to need a cane and false teeth!" Now my nieces and nephews will recognize that as the comment I make at every one of their birthdays. Who knew Isabella had been paying attention! She giggled when she told me she heard me say it.

Love my babies!

1 comment:

Angela J Reeves said...

Too cute! Congrats on surviving a looooong one!