Oct 14, 2009

isabella's excitement

Monday night Isabella couldn't get to sleep. She came downstairs at 10:30, and had not been to sleep at all! She moved to my bed, and still didn't sleep. We talked about how tired she was going to be in school the next day, that she would need to take a nap when she came home from school, but she couldn't figure out her insomnia. She was concerned that she would have to move her behavior magnet from green to yellow or orange, but hopeful that she wouldn't go to red when she would have to bring home a sad note.

Tuesday morning, it took alot to wake her up. 8 hours just isn't enough for her, but she wasn't in a bad mood. As we walked to school, it finally occurred to me that she was excited about Chris' return. When I picked her up from school, she skipped all the way home, and was so excited. I needed to leave for campus before Chris was actually going to be back to our house, so I told Isabella I was going to have to take them over to our friend, Angela's house. Angela's house has so many fun things, and the kids love going there. She said, "A good day at school (she didn't have to move her magnet at all, although she informed me that she yawned once), Angela's house, and Daddy comes home. It's the best day of the month!" Never mind that my birthday and Halloween is still to come.

As I drove to campus, I called Chris to warn him of the excitement of the kids and that he needed to push the jetlag aside to play with the kids.

On another note, when I asked Zach what he wanted for lunch yesterday, he said, "I'm a teenager. Teenagers eat alot. I want PB&J sandwich, two slices of turkey, a slice of cheese, yogurt, and edamame." He actually ate all of that, and grapes. What is going to happen when he really is a teenager.

We are glad to have our daddy home.

No comments: