Jun 6, 2008

Zach BooBoo

This afternoon Isabella, Zach, and I went downstairs to fill water bottles for the weekend.  Then we don't have to buy as much water from the store (no one drinks tap water--avoiding typhoid, I think it's a good idea!).  Each of us carried two empty bottles, and Isabella was very excited about filling hers from the filtered water station herself.  These stations have a "cold" spicket (sp?) and a "hot" (read:  boiling) one.  Isabella started filling her first one, but it was evident that she needed to take care of some other business first (filling water bottles can do that to you, you know :)  Zach stepped right up to fill his water bottle, and disregarded my warnings to not touch the "hot" spicket.  As soon as the water came out, it spilled on his hand, he dropped the bottle and started screaming.  First degree burn--treated with a cold washrag, aloe vera, bunny and blankie, lots of love, and McD's french fries and ice cream.  Maybe he will start listening to my warnings.  I hope so.  And am thankful this wasn't worse.



No comments: