On Saturday we went to "American Hero's day" at Camp Maybury here in Austin. They had a fair with lots of food and stuff to do with the kids. They bounced in the bounce house, which was fun for Isabella, but Zach got stepped on and didn't last long. We saw the ponies and wanted to ride, but the line was about 3 weeks long, so even the kids decided it wasn't worth waiting for. They had lots of equipment out that you could look at too. They really loved the helicopters. Isabella got in a life flight helicopter, but Zach wanted to go to the green one.
Here are Zach and Belle in the cockpit of a working military chopper.


They also had a little "train" there, but it got too late and once again the line was too long. So, I took them home for naps and when they got up, we went down to Zilker park to ride the Zilker Zephyr. It's a 25min train ride around the park. They were SO excited about riding on it and going under the bridges and through the tunnel. Here is a little video I shot on my phone of the ride. The quality isn't great, but you can hear how excited Isabella was. Zach was too, but he knew the camera was on and didn't want to talk.After the train ride we went to Sonic and wrapped up the night with a fun meal and a shared banana split. They went to bed when we got home with no arguments either. I think they really enjoyed the day. I know I did. Today we went to church and then out to eat with our friends Andy and Ashley at Rudys. The kids had fun, but they are happy to have their mom back home.
2 comments:
I can't wait for my kids to have a Daddy Weekend! It does sound like you guys had a great time.
Way to go Mr. Chris. Those times quickly pass.
Post a Comment