Sep 5, 2009

Ice Cream Treat

The other night we went out for ice cream. Isabella had received her “privilege” money (we are not doing allowance for chores, but we do give her money that she splits up between savings, spending and giving. She calls it her privilege money) and she wanted to treat us to ice cream. So, I took them out to the Cold Stone Creamery nearby, only to discover that it had closed over the summer. So, we drove down to Amy’s.

They had fun eating their treat and then they wanted to play on the cows for a few minutes.

After we were done, we walked back up to the car. Near the street, Zach saw a dog and went up to it's owner and said, "Can I pet your dog?" He replied, "Oh yes, that would be fine. She likes kids, but she is getting kinda old." Zach looked up at the man, and, no doubt noticing his gray hair, said, "Well, you're getting kinda old too!" I saw it coming and spoke over him so the man didn't hear it, but it made me laugh all the way back to the car.

No comments: