Yesterday I received this story via email that a student had sent in after spending her Spring Break in Panama City at the Campus Crusade conference there. I thought I would share it here. In case you don´t know, "Soularium" is a tool made up of lots of pictures that can be used to to talk about life and the Gospel. "La Búsqueda" is a film that my team made in Spain a few years back.
Here is her letter:
After our morning evangelism training, I grabbed an i-Pod that was available for showing the short film, La Búsqueda. My friend Stacy and I headed out to the beach to talk with people. The first girl we approached with the Soularium photos. She was very open, we eventually explained the Gospel, and she received Christ!
The next girl we invited to watch the film La Búsqueda. Her name was Katelyn, she loved the film, & she was really agitated that the prodigal daughter in the story did not get off the bus to be reunited with her father! Later on in the conversation we explained the Gospel, and she wasn’t quite ready to respond. She did, however, ask us to show the film to her boyfriend Calvin.
After Katelyn pointed him out, we approached Calvin and his friend Aaron. Even though some other friends were hounding them to get involved in a game they were playing, Calvin and Aaron watched the entire film and talked about it extensively afterward. We explained the gospel to them both, and it turned out that Aaron was already a Christian, but Calvin was not. Just when Calvin was going to invite Christ into his life, Katelyn walked up and asked what we were doing. Calvin said, “We’re getting ready to pray.” Katelyn responded, “Can I pray too?”
So, there on the beach, Calvin and Katelyn became followers of Jesus! Lindsey passed on the contact information of these new believers to staff back on their campuses. Pray these and all the other new believers will get connected with other Christians when they get back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment