Tonight as the kids and I were eating, I heard thunder. I went and turned on the tv to see what the weather was like and saw that a huge storm was about to hit us. They said hail was coming and possibly tornadoes. I am in the process of changing the garage around so we can put the van in the garage, but no cars can fit in now. I went out and started moving stuff out of the way so I could get the car in, but it started hailing before I could get out there. They were coming down larger than golf balls. I finally got things out of the way and ran out with an umbrella to protect my head and moved the car in. Now I think that since I moved it in, it has just enough damage to not meet the deductible. I should have left it out and let it get pummeled. Oh well. At least the windows weren't knocked out like some other cars I saw tonight.
I called our insurance on the roof to have them check it out. Our plants have that "shredded" look now, but they will recover. The kids were very excited about the "snow" though they couldn't understand why I was freaking out over it. :-)
Here are some pictures after it let up a bit. You can see how big some of them were and how much of it fell.


My poor trees and cana lillys look like they were beat with bats.


I grabbed one hail stone and put it in the freezer. Then all the kids wanted to do was go out and collect more. "Can we make a snowman?" was Zach's question.
No comments:
Post a Comment