Since we have 5 weeks in town, we decided it would be a good time to work on potty-training with Zach. (He'll be 3 in April.) So last week, we cleared our schedules, made a chart, bought treats and stickers, and got started.
We have also still been battling the lice, so last week when nothing was happening on the potty-training front, I was really questioning if he was ready. Sunday we took some time off with church. I told my mom on Friday that if we didn't make progress this week, we would stop working on it. I was doubtful.
Well, last night I finally caught Zach in time and he went in the potty. We did our potty dance, got candy and a sticker, and I was so thankful. This morning when I changed his diaper, he told me he had to potty. I didn't believe him because I had just taken off a full diaper. But he squated over the potty, and went. We danced again, and that set the tone for the day. We had no success last week, and then all of a sudden, he goes 4 times. Even at the Y after swim lessons with Chris. Who would guess that?! I am so thankful.
1 comment:
good Noel and I will be home next week since I am still recovering and we are going to try with Elijah because so far he has had not interest. Pray for us and congratulations on your success.
Post a Comment