Dec 9, 2008
More New Zealand Pictures
The last couple of days I was in New Zealand, I got to spend more time in and around the city and with the summer project that was there learning and working on 3 other films.
This is a great shot of downtown Auckland.
A picture of me on Mount Victoria (an extinct volcano) with the city behind me.
These trees (I can't remember the Mauri name for them) are a protected tree in New Zealand and are really beautiful. They bloom at Christmas time (the summer is just getting going) and Aaron said they are one of the symbols of Christmas there.
Here are 3 of the Kiwi students along with Rocky, Cristina and Libby from our team in Austin out on the beach. We had a Kiwi barbecue (Kiwi style, that is, not barbecuing actual kiwis which would get us all put in jail.)
These pictures are of the three different groups working on their films. Here Aaron, the staff guy who put the project together, is looking at this group's film about "Identity."
Another group is making a animated short about a characther called "Pot head" - he has a tea pot for a head and I'm really looking forward to seeing the final film. The last film is called "Apathy" and deals with a girl who is giving all the signs of commiting suicide but the society around here is too busy to care. I got to spend a couple of days with the project and helped them out with some programs that were very useful to them in editing their films. I would have loved to have spent a couple more days with them, but I am glad to be on the way home to see Liza and the kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment