Nov 18, 2008

Hide & Seek

On Tuesday afternoons I am on campus, and don't usually get home until around 7. The last couple of weeks, I have come home to high energy and very enthusiastic children. Also a husband looking a little tired.

Tonight the children announced that we were playing "hide and seek" and I think they have gotten pretty good at it. Chris had given each of them a flashlight, and we were taking turns being "the seeker." You have to be fast to get to a good hiding place before they get to 20, and I had to laugh at each round.

Round one--Zach hides from daddy with me in the closet, but keeps his flashlight on the whole time and talks the entire time. I can't believe it took them that long to find us.

Round two--Zach is the seeker, and I hear Isabella giving him very obvious clues to where she is. "Here I am, Zach" until he finds her.

Round three--I am the seeker and they have no patience...they come out to meet me in the hall.

Round four--Isabella knows that Zach and I are hiding behind the recliner, but spends an exorbitant amount of time finding Chris before she comes to see us. She calls "Daddy" the entire time she is looking, and he has to give her many clues to find him including whistles that she eventually follows to where he is hiding.

No comments: