I had never done two nights before and didn't know how I would like it, but we found that being able to just stay put on Saturday really made the second night much more relaxing. I think we'll do 2 nights again next time!
Nov 10, 2008
Camping
This weekend we went camping with several families from the "New Parents" class at our church. It was the first time we've ever gone camping for 2 nights with the family and it was a great time. It was COLD at night (39˚ outside and 47˚in the tent) but we did OK. On Saturday afternoon, we went over to the play ground and the kids started picking up sticks from the meadow to throw in the creek. It became a game of getting the biggest stick. Eventually Zach saw one and decided to bring it back.
He got started and then Isabella ran over to help him. Here you can see them pulling it over, but it's hard to tell how big it is.
As they got closer we could see how big it was.
It was taller then both of them put together. They were quite proud of themselves and we dumped in the creek with great fanfare. :-)
Only one other family stayed the second night, but the kids had fun playing the net morning after we had pancakes at the picnic table.
I had never done two nights before and didn't know how I would like it, but we found that being able to just stay put on Saturday really made the second night much more relaxing. I think we'll do 2 nights again next time!
I had never done two nights before and didn't know how I would like it, but we found that being able to just stay put on Saturday really made the second night much more relaxing. I think we'll do 2 nights again next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like they were really having fun. The scenery in the pics are really beautiful.
Post a Comment