Sep 11, 2008

A big prayer

Yesterday evening as we were driving to AWANA, we were talking again about God’s perfection, and our sinfulness. She finally got that our sin separates us from God, and with a very frustrated expression, she asked “What can we do?” I explained that Jesus’ death on the cross is the payment and provision for our sin. All she has to do is trust Him for her salvation, and to help her become the person He wants her to be. I summed it up by saying that is what it means to ask Jesus into her heart.

She asked me to help her memorize what she needed to say, and when I told her she could say whatever she wanted to God, she asked me to turn down the radio so she could pray. Her voice was quiet, but I heard her express her thoughts and desires to God to go to Heaven, become who He wanted her to be, and thankfulness that Jesus died on the cross for her sin. What a precious day for a parent! Lord, please bring about fruit in her life...

3 comments:

Busy1 said...

How exciting! Noel and I pray each night for our girls to make that same decision. We can't wait until the day comes when they each do. I'm so glad that you have already gotten to experience it with one of yours. PTL!

Daryl & Diana said...

Wow, congratulations. What a blessing as a parent to be the one to explain it just right and to be there to hear the prayer. I pray for the same experience.

Anonymous said...

How great. I can remember all 4 of ours. Words can not express the joy that fills a parents heart when one of their little ones ask Jesus into their hearts. PTL. This is what parenting is about.