May 29, 2008

Trip to Krabi

Krabi is on the Andaman Sea in the south of Thailand.  It is really beautiful.  Sunee had been before which is how she decided to take us there again.  I (Liza) was a clueless tag-along.  The best thing of course was being just five minutes from the beach.  I have always been a beach person, and was so happy to share the time with the kids there.  They are water-rats, and could stay in the water forever.  Isabella definitely enjoys the ocean more, while Zach feels more comfortable in the pool.  I'm sure that's affected by his height and the fact that the waves tend to break in his face.
We bought beach toys in Bangkok for a little over $2 per set.  Such a good thing because in Krabi they were over $8 per set.  Yes, they jack up prices in touristy places in Thailand as well.
One of Isabella's new swimsuits.  Needless to say, she really loves "stripey, stripey suit."
Zach and I during a late afternoon walk on the beach, collecting shells.  Although he really preferred throwing them back in the water.
Like I said, Zach didn't always like being in the water, so he would try to climb coconut trees instead.
Our last day walking along the beach.  It was just beautiful!  I am so thankful we could go. 
P.S.--these suits are SPF protected so I didn't have to put suntan lotion on their chests.  You can tell the rest of us got pink though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were having a great time. The little ones look so happy. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourselves. Enjoy your time there.

Cheng family said...

the water looks amazing! i'm so glad you had the chance to enjoy the beach!