Apr 21, 2010

4-year-olds love to wrestle

I don't want to hear from anyone that we haven't posted in a month. We've been a little busy, and it is easier for Chris to post from his phone directly to facebook. So check out updates there.

In my attempt to re-engage with the blog, I offer this little story.
Yesterday I got a call from our Bible study's children's supervisor explaining that the boys in Zach's group are getting a little rough, and some of the other children are a little intimidated. She is a mom of boys, so is not shocked by this behavior, but says they need to curb the enthusiasm a little bit. She was calling some of the moms just letting us know what is going on.

This morning Zach and I talked about his class. I asked if they liked to rough-house, and when I interpreted that as "wrestle", he announced "O, we 4-year-olds like to wrestle." It was just so funny that he said that on his own. We talked about needing to be a little more gentle because of some of the smaller kids in his group. He replied, "But we 4-year-olds love to wrestle." I love that he has been 4 for 2 1/2 weeks, but has already embraced the age. My buddy is a character for sure.

No comments: