This morning Isabella came in to wake us up at 7:10 or so. She and Liza were talking and Liza asked for a hug. She replied, "Sorry, I'm all out of hugs and I'm all out of kisses." I went and picked her up and gave her 10 hugs and 10 kisses and told her that now she had some she could give away. She looked at me seriously and said, "That's not the way it works, daddy. I have to grow them inside of me to give them away and I'm all out right now." I had to laugh.
Later, while I was eating breakfast, she came in and asked if I could put on another Clifford for her to watch. I said, "Did you grow any more hugs yet?" "Yes! I grew lots of hugs and kisses! I grew 10-100-40 hugs and kisses so I can give them away!" (She hasn't figured out how to say big numbers yet, so she often comes up with numbers like that...)
1 comment:
How sweet. These are precious moments and so much fun to see how they figure things out.
Post a Comment