Later, I went to Ikea to buy the couch that we had looked at on Wednesday. I planned to buy it and have them deliver it on Sunday. If you've never been to Ikea before, it's a huge store with an amazing maze of furniture. You pick what you want, then go in to the warehouse and find where it's located, put it on a cart, and take it to the check out. The same was true of the couch!
I found it, had to put it on a flat bed cart (vertically) and then pick out the cover that goes with it. You can buy a choice of 7 covers for this couch, so if you get tired of it or if it gets dirty you can get a new cover for much less than a whole new couch. I got mine and then managed to get the cart with the 7 foot long (or tall in this case) couch up to the checkout where the woman scanned it and I paid for it. She then told me that I should take it over to the home delivery department to get it delivered. I went over and the woman told me that since it was 8:10 and the cutoff was 8pm, that they couldn't deliver it on Sunday. She said they'd be happy to bring it on Monday though. I explained that I wouldn't be home on Monday so they'd have to bring it Tuesday. "Oh no, sorry, we can't do that. Only Monday." "Great," I said. "What should I do with this then?" She then suggested that I take it home on my CAR. They have everything you need to tie it down to the roof, and they'd be happy to help me lift it up. I thought she was crazy, but what the heck. I went out with the couch and they put it up on top. I had plenty of twine to tie it down and when I was done I was reasonably sure it would not go anywhere. I drove home via the back way about 30mph the whole way but I made it with no problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment