Oct 12, 2006

Fire truck

Tonight Isabella and I (Chris) went out looking for dishwashers. Yes, ours has gone on the fritz (actually it is pouring water out the front corner, so we can't really run it.) Despite the suggestion of some relatives that dawn and a dish rag are the cheapest replacements, we went looking for a new dishwasher tonight. We pulled up to Sears Grand and I got out of my car, looked two rows over and saw the hood of a car explode upwards and a fire start to consume the car. Isabella saw the fire and wanted to know what was going on. I called 911 and they said the fire truck would be on route.

Isabella and I moved quickly up to the store and watched as the a guy in a tow truck pulled up, jumped out with a fire extinguisher and put the fire out. She was pretty excited. "Man blow out fire!" We went in and looked at dishwashers and then came back out in time to see the fire truck that showed up. Isabella was fascinated. She waved to the firemen then said, "Tell mommy about fire truck when get home!" And that is just what she did. I'm betting she'll be talking about it for a long time...

No comments: