Jan 9, 2009

What a day!

I didn't realize how behind we are on blogging until I looked at the previous post.

We have been in Houston this past week working on support. We have been so encouraged by the people we have met, and the potential for raising new monthly support.

However, the last few days we have noticed that Zach has been scratching his head alot. Now, when we were in Indiana before Christmas, a couple of nieces came down with lice. But we never detected any in our kids, even after checking for several days in a row.

Finally today, we found them in Zach's head. Zach and Isabella have slept at almost every relatives' house in Houston in the past week while Chris and I were in Ft. Worth for our winter conference. So I made the dreaded phone calls to the other two houses, and at Chris' mom's house we began the process of washing all of the bedding, and scrubbing the heads. Non-washable blankets and beloved dolls have gone into a month of quarantine, and I spent two and a half hours going through Zach and Isabella's heads this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow's check will not uncover more...

I am thankful that cousins on both sides of the family have gotten lice, so I could put the call into the mothers to ask them what to do. And thankful that everyone here is able to not take this too seriously. Thanks Kelli, Kim, and Mom!

No comments: