Zach is 24lbs and 31 inches. That puts him at exactly 50th% on both.
Isabella is 38lbs and 391/4 inches. That puts her at the 95th% on weight and 90th% on height.
They both did great going in. Isabella has been reading (quite often) the "Pooh goes to the doctor" book so she was excited about all of it. Zach was a little less interested in being looked at, but he did ok. When Dr. Louis was done, she asked me if she would get a shot like pooh. I said yes. Then, for the next 10 min while we waited for the nurse, I could tell that she was getting more and more nervous about it. Finally the nurse came in and she said she wanted Zach to go first. I knew that he would get 3 shots and her just one, so I said "no way." If she heard Zach get 3 shots, I knew we'd have to chase her down.
She laid down and the nurse have her the shot and she burst in to tears. "That really hurt daddy!" she said. I held her and said, "You need to be brave for Zach so he won't be too scared for his shots." She stopped crying and got down, patted Zach on the head and said, "Don't worry Zachers, it doesn't hurt too bad."
It was then his turn. He did fine on the first. Let out a yell on the second, and then when she poked him the third time he let out some sort of primal screech and kicked the nurse with all he had. I think he caught her off guard. I had to comfort him for a quite a while after that. I think Isabella felt better knowing that she only got one shot. :-)
1 comment:
It doesn't make any difference the age SHOTS do sting and even hurt. Not a thing we can do about it.
Post a Comment