Dec 12, 2006

Extreme Makeover "Our neighborhood" Editon

This Sunday we started seeing barricades on the streets near by and police guarding the entries. We saw all kinds of trucks and stuff and as I looked at it all, I told Liza, "this must be Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" Sure enough, it is them and they just knocked down a house about 4 blocks down from us today. It's a house that Liza and I pass by almost every time we go walking. It's so crazy to see these people that we watch on TV right in our own neighborhood.

Liza took the kids today to see the demolition. Here are a few pics from that:

Here is Ty Pennington, the host of the show.


This is Paul, one of our favorite designers doing an interview during demolition.


Liza got there in time to see them clearing up the rubble after they knocked the house down.


Isabella watches as they clear the rubble. She wasn't too sure about the big noises...


It didn't take them long to get it all cleared away.


Zach wasn't real sure what to think either, but he had a good time.

We all went back this evening about 6:30 and they already had the foundation prepared and were bringing in sand. By Wednesday morning, they'll have the foundation poured and start working putting up the house. It really is an amazing process they have worked out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so cool! Take lots of pictures so we can see the process. I mean, if you have nothing else to do. I've always wondered if it really does take only a week.